Common Toothache Causes
For many of the patients who come to Mahboubi Poly Dental Clinic for a root canal treatment or other dental procedure a throbbing, sharp or constant pain in their teeth was the first sign that they needed to set an appointment.
There can be many causes for tooth pain, including dental decay, repetitive motion, an injury or infection. If your gums are swollen and red or your teeth are sensitive to the touch, you may have an inflammation somewhere in your tooth. The other major cause of toothache includes dental trauma and misalignment issues.
Symptoms of Toothache
The primary symptom of toothache is pain; which is a protective response that informs the body that something is wrong! but the type of pain may present in multiple ways:
- Sharp or constant pain.
- Gum Swelling.
- Bitter taste in the mouth (Infected Tooth).
- Sensitivity to cold / hot drinks or foods.
Procedures used to treat dental infections include:
- Scaling and root planning, for gum disease.
- Root canal surgery, for infections in the pulp of your tooth.
- Dental fillings, for tooth decay.
- Soft tissue grafting.
Procedures used treat tooth trauma and misalignment include:
- Orthodontics to fix crooked or misaligned teeth.
- Crowns to fix severely broken teeth.
- Wisdom tooth extraction for impacted teeth (partially or completely bony).
If you have any inquiry about toothache treatments, or if you would like to schedule an appointment, please contact our team at 04 345 8686 or book your appointment online. Our incredible team will be more than happy to assist you.